Turkey’s retail sales up on month, down on year in Feb
The data showed that food, drinks and tobacco sales were up by 1% and non-food sales (except automotive fuel sales) increased by 2.5% on a monthly basis while they respectively decreased by 0.9% and 2.7% on a yearly basis.
The data showed that retail sales in non-food sectors such as computers, books, telecommunication sales were up by 3.7%; electronic goods and furniture sales were up by 10.6%; sales via mail orders and internet rose by 5.2% while textiles, clothing and footwear decreased by 1.5%; medical goods as well as cosmetic sales declined by 7.9% in February on a monthly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia