Turkey’s retail sales volume down in October
Compared with the previous month, seasonal and calendar adjusted retail sales volume with constant prices also decreased by 2.6%.
The data showed that non-food (except automotive fuel) sales and automotive fuel sales decreased by 12.1% and 7.6%, respectively; while food, drinks and tobacco sales increased by 1.6%.
On a monthly basis, food, drinks and tobacco sales decreased by 2.1%, non-food (except automotive fuel) sales decreased by 3.2%, automotive fuel sales decreased by 1.6%.
The data also revealed that computers, books, and telecommunication sales plunged by 20.3% from the previous year, while electronic goods and furniture sales saw a larger decline of 23.3%. In October, sales via mail orders and internet and textiles, clothing and footwear increased by 34.4% and 23.7%, respectively, while medical goods and cosmetic sales jumped by 28.9% on a yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply