Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for April
The confidence index for the service sector declined 0.5% on the month to post a reading of 100.53 in April owing to a decreased number of managers judging their business situation to have improved over the past three months as well as increased demand-turnover data over the past three months and expectations of stronger demand-turnover data over the next three months.
The retail trade confidence index also posted a seasonally adjusted decrease of 1.2% on the month to a reading of 101.84 in Arpil because of a decreased number of managers evaluating their current volume of stock as above normal considering the season and anticipations of a decrease in the reading of a business activity- sales measurement for the next three months.
Meanwhile, the construction sector confidence index dipped 2.7% to a reading of 81.16 in April due to a decreased number of managers judging their current overall order books as above the seasonal average and a decreased number of managers expecting an increase in total employment over the next three months.
Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook while readings below 100 indicate a pessimistic outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops