Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for April
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services increased by 3% in April to 99.9. This rise was driven by the increased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also showed respective increases of 5%, 3.3% and 1.1% month on month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index rose by 4.1% in April to 101.6 due to the increase in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and business activity-sales expectation indices were up by 7.2% and 7% respectively on the month while current volume of stock index was down by 1.6%.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index, however, fell by 0.2% in April to 85.7 from 85.8 in March due to the decrease in the number of managers who expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books and total employment expectation indices posted respective monthly decreases of 0.1% and 0.2% in April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient