Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for April
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services increased by 3% in April to 99.9. This rise was driven by the increased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also showed respective increases of 5%, 3.3% and 1.1% month on month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index rose by 4.1% in April to 101.6 due to the increase in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and business activity-sales expectation indices were up by 7.2% and 7% respectively on the month while current volume of stock index was down by 1.6%.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index, however, fell by 0.2% in April to 85.7 from 85.8 in March due to the decrease in the number of managers who expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books and total employment expectation indices posted respective monthly decreases of 0.1% and 0.2% in April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe