Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for August
The confidence index for the service sector declined 0.7% to a seasonally adjusted reading of 100.65 in August following a reading of 101.37 in July because of a decreased number of managers expecting stronger demand-turnover data over the next three months.
The retail trade confidence index also posted a drop of 2.6% on the month to a reading of 101.86 in August because of a decreased number of managers evaluating their current volume of stock as below normal considering the season and anticipations of an increase in the reading of a business activity- sales measurement for the next three months.
Meanwhile, the construction sector confidence index dropped 0.7% to a reading of 82.10 in August due to a decreased number of managers judging their current overall order books as above the seasonal average and expecting a decrease in total employment over the next three months.
Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook while readings below 100 indicate a pessimistic outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness