Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for August
The confidence index for the service sector decreased 9.7% to a seasonally adjusted reading of 91.06 in August following a reading of 100.86 in July because of a decreased number of managers expecting stronger demand-turnover data over the next three months.
The retail trade confidence index fell to a seasonally adjusted reading of 101.19 in August because of a decreased number of managers anticipating an improvement in business activity-sales over the next three months.
The construction sector confidence index decreased to a reading of 79.43 in August following a reading of 82.95 in August due to decreased number of managers expecting an increase in total employment over the next three months.
Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook while readings below 100 indicate a pessimistic outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia