Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for Dec
In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also showed respective decreases of 4%, 4.6% and 2.3% month on month.
The seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index, however, rose by 0.1% in December due to the increase in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months and “current volume of stock” as below normal for the season.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index grew by 0.5% in December to 76.15 from 75.75 in November due to the increase in the number of managers who expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs