Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for December
The confidence index for the service sector declined 1% to a seasonally adjusted reading of 99.02 in December following a reading of 100.05 in November because of a decreased number of managers expecting stronger demand-turnover data over the next three months.
The retail trade confidence index also slid 0.4% on the month to a reading of 104.93 in December because of a decreased number of managers evaluating their current volume of stock as above normal considering the season and anticipations of an increase in the reading of a business activity- sales measurement for the next three months.
The construction sector confidence index, meanwhile, increased 0.7% to a reading of 84.53 in December due to an increased number of managers judging their current overall order books as above the seasonal average and expectations of an increase in total employment over the next three months.
Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook while readings below 100 indicate a pessimistic outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high