Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for December
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services fell by 3.5% in December to 96.2. This fall stemmed from the decreased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also decreased by 5.2%, 4.7% and 0.8% respectively compared to the previous month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index dropped by 0.7% in December to 100.6 due to the decrease in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and current volume of stock indices were up by 1.3% and 2.1% respectively on the month while business activity-sales expectation index decreased by 1.1% compared to the previous month.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index also decreased by 1% in December to 81.6 from 82.4 in November due to the decrease in the number of managers who evaluate the current overall order books as normal and expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books and total employment expectation indices declined by 3.5% and 0.8% respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand pressure casts cloud on PVC hikes in Türkiye
- Non-European PPBC offers at aggressive levels add to bearishness in Italy
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe