Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for December
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services fell by 3.5% in December to 96.2. This fall stemmed from the decreased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also decreased by 5.2%, 4.7% and 0.8% respectively compared to the previous month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index dropped by 0.7% in December to 100.6 due to the decrease in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and current volume of stock indices were up by 1.3% and 2.1% respectively on the month while business activity-sales expectation index decreased by 1.1% compared to the previous month.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index also decreased by 1% in December to 81.6 from 82.4 in November due to the decrease in the number of managers who evaluate the current overall order books as normal and expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books and total employment expectation indices declined by 3.5% and 0.8% respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil prices trade under pressure of Delta variant
- China’s import PVC market rebounds from 5-month low
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers