Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for December
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services fell by 3.5% in December to 96.2. This fall stemmed from the decreased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also decreased by 5.2%, 4.7% and 0.8% respectively compared to the previous month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index dropped by 0.7% in December to 100.6 due to the decrease in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and current volume of stock indices were up by 1.3% and 2.1% respectively on the month while business activity-sales expectation index decreased by 1.1% compared to the previous month.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index also decreased by 1% in December to 81.6 from 82.4 in November due to the decrease in the number of managers who evaluate the current overall order books as normal and expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books and total employment expectation indices declined by 3.5% and 0.8% respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops