Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for December
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services fell by 3.5% in December to 96.2. This fall stemmed from the decreased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also decreased by 5.2%, 4.7% and 0.8% respectively compared to the previous month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index dropped by 0.7% in December to 100.6 due to the decrease in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and current volume of stock indices were up by 1.3% and 2.1% respectively on the month while business activity-sales expectation index decreased by 1.1% compared to the previous month.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index also decreased by 1% in December to 81.6 from 82.4 in November due to the decrease in the number of managers who evaluate the current overall order books as normal and expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books and total employment expectation indices declined by 3.5% and 0.8% respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets