Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for July
The confidence index for the service sector increased 1.4% on the month to post a reading of 100.69 in July because of an increased number of managers expecting stronger demand-turnover data over the next three months. An increased number of managers are judging their business situation to have deteriorated over the past three months while the demand-turnover data has decreased over the past three months.
The retail trade confidence index also posted an increase of 0.7% on the month to a reading of 104.45 in July because of an increased number of managers evaluating their current volume of stock as below normal considering the season and anticipations of an increase in the reading of a business activity- sales measurement for the next three months.
However, the construction sector confidence index dropped 2.8% to a reading of 82.33 in July due to an increased number of managers judging their current overall order books as below the seasonal average and expecting a decrease in total employment over the next three months.
Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook while readings below 100 indicate a pessimistic outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops