Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for July
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services increased by 5% in July to 103.7. This rise was driven by the increased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also showed respective increases of 6.3%, 7.2% and 2.2% month on month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index rose by 6.6% in July to 107.3 due to the increase in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and business activity-sales expectation indices were up by 14.6% and 6.2% respectively on the month while the current volume of stock index was down by 0.5%.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index, meanwhile, decreased by 1.4% in July to 85.5 from 86.7 in June due to the decrease in the number of managers who evaluate the current overall order books as normal and expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books decreased by 1.2% while total employment expectation index posted a monthly decrease of 1.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds