Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for June
The confidence index for the service sector declined 1.4% on the month to post a reading of 99.04 in June because of a decreased number of managers judging their business situation to have improved over the past three months as well as increased demand-turnover data over the past three months and expectations of stronger demand-turnover data over the next three months.
The retail trade confidence index also posted an increase of 0.6% on the month to a reading of 104.12 in June because of an increased number of managers evaluating their current volume of stock as below normal considering the season and anticipations of an increase in the reading of a business activity- sales measurement for the next three months.
Meanwhile, the construction sector confidence index rose 1.6% to a reading of 84.73 in June due to an increased number of managers judging their current overall order books as above the seasonal average and expecting an increase in total employment over the next three months.
Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook while readings below 100 indicate a pessimistic outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce