Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for June
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services decreased by 3.1% in June to 98.8. This fall was driven by the decreased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also showed respective decreases of 5.1%, 4.2% and 0.4% month on month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index fell by 2.1% in June to 100.7 due to the decrease in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and business activity-sales expectation indices were down by 5.7% and 1% respectively on the month while current volume of stock index was up by 0.4%.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index, meanwhile, increased by 0.4% in June to 86.7 from 86.3 in May due to the increase in the number of managers who expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books increased by 0.9% while total employment expectation index posted a monthly increase of 0.1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September