Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for May
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services increased by 2.1% in May to 102. This rise was driven by the increased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also showed respective increases of 2.7%, 2.8% and 0.9% month on month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index rose by 1.1% in May to 102.8 due to the increase in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and business activity-sales expectation indices were up by 0.2% and 4.6% respectively on the month while current volume of stock index was down by 1.7%.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index, meanwhile, increased by 0.8% in May to 86.3 from 85.7 in April due to the increase in the number of managers who expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books decreased by 0.5% while total employment expectation index posted a monthly increase of 1.6%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?