Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for October
The confidence index for the service sector moved up 0.1% to a seasonally adjusted reading of 97.63 in October following a reading of 97.54 in September because of an increased number of managers expecting stronger demand-turnover data over the next three months.
The retail trade confidence index also posted an increase of 2.7% on the month to a reading of 98.68 in October because of an increased number of managers evaluating their current volume of stock as above normal considering the season and anticipations of an increase in the reading of a business activity- sales measurement for the next three months.
However, the construction sector confidence index dropped 0.5% to a reading of 80.02 in October due to a decreased number of managers judging their current overall order books as above the seasonal average and expectations of a decrease in total employment over the next three months.
Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook while readings below 100 indicate a pessimistic outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe