Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for October
According to the data, the seasonally adjusted confidence index for the services decreased by 2.2% in October to 101.1. This fall was driven by the decreased number of managers’ evaluations of “business situation” as improved and “demand-turnover” as increased. In service sector, the business situation, demand-turnover and demand-turnover expectation indices also decreased by 2.4%, 2.3% and 1.8% respectively month on month.
Similarly, the seasonally adjusted retail trade confidence index dropped by 1.9% in October to 104 due to the decrease in the number of managers evaluating the “business activity-sales” as improved over the past three months. In retail trade sector, business activity-sales and business activity-sales expectation indices were down by 5.8% and 3.6% respectively on the month while the current volume of stock index increased by 4.6% compared to the previous month.
The seasonally adjusted construction confidence index, meanwhile, increased by 0.9% in October to 84.2 from 83.5 in September due to the increase in the number of managers who evaluate the current overall order books as normal and expect an increase in “total employment” in the following three months. In construction sector, current overall order books and total employment expectation indices increased by 0.2% and 1.4% respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe