Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for September
The confidence index for the service sector increased 5.7% to a seasonally adjusted reading of 96.23 in September following a reading of 91.07 in August because of an increased number of managers expecting stronger demand-turnover data over the next three months.
The retail trade confidence index fell 3.2% to a seasonally adjusted reading of 97.99 in September because of a decreased number of managers anticipating an improvement in business activity-sales over the next three months.
The construction sector confidence index increased to a reading of 81.99 in September following a reading of 79.43 in August due to an increased number of managers expecting an increase in “current overall order books” and in total employment over the next three months.
Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook while readings below 100 indicate a pessimistic outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months