Turkey’s sectoral confidence indices announced for September
The confidence index for the service sector increased 5.7% to a seasonally adjusted reading of 96.23 in September following a reading of 91.07 in August because of an increased number of managers expecting stronger demand-turnover data over the next three months.
The retail trade confidence index fell 3.2% to a seasonally adjusted reading of 97.99 in September because of a decreased number of managers anticipating an improvement in business activity-sales over the next three months.
The construction sector confidence index increased to a reading of 81.99 in September following a reading of 79.43 in August due to an increased number of managers expecting an increase in “current overall order books” and in total employment over the next three months.
Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook while readings below 100 indicate a pessimistic outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?