Turkey's toy manufacturing sector grows
According to a statement on the Turkish Plastics Industry Foundation’s (PAGEV’s) website, Turkey’s local toy industry tripled its production and capacity as well as its employment rates in the first six months of this year.
The toy sector reached a total production volume worth around $80 million in the first half of 2017. The plastic toy manufacturing constituted nearly 70% of the production with 56$ million.
The toy production in Turkey, meanwhile, is estimated to grow by 9% year on year in 2017, reaching 152$ million in value, while plastic toy production is expected to hit 106$ millions.
Major Turkish toy producers are also considering making new investments particularly in Istanbul and surrounding areas in line with growing market activities.
According to PAGEV, during the first half of 2017, Turkey’s plastics toy exports reached $15.8 million although imports were still high at $228.2 million. France accounted for the largest share in exports, followed by Iraq, Turkmenistan and Cyprus whereas China remained as the top supplier of imported plastic toys.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS