Turkey's toy manufacturing sector grows
According to a statement on the Turkish Plastics Industry Foundation’s (PAGEV’s) website, Turkey’s local toy industry tripled its production and capacity as well as its employment rates in the first six months of this year.
The toy sector reached a total production volume worth around $80 million in the first half of 2017. The plastic toy manufacturing constituted nearly 70% of the production with 56$ million.
The toy production in Turkey, meanwhile, is estimated to grow by 9% year on year in 2017, reaching 152$ million in value, while plastic toy production is expected to hit 106$ millions.
Major Turkish toy producers are also considering making new investments particularly in Istanbul and surrounding areas in line with growing market activities.
According to PAGEV, during the first half of 2017, Turkey’s plastics toy exports reached $15.8 million although imports were still high at $228.2 million. France accounted for the largest share in exports, followed by Iraq, Turkmenistan and Cyprus whereas China remained as the top supplier of imported plastic toys.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years