Turkey's toy manufacturing sector grows
According to a statement on the Turkish Plastics Industry Foundation’s (PAGEV’s) website, Turkey’s local toy industry tripled its production and capacity as well as its employment rates in the first six months of this year.
The toy sector reached a total production volume worth around $80 million in the first half of 2017. The plastic toy manufacturing constituted nearly 70% of the production with 56$ million.
The toy production in Turkey, meanwhile, is estimated to grow by 9% year on year in 2017, reaching 152$ million in value, while plastic toy production is expected to hit 106$ millions.
Major Turkish toy producers are also considering making new investments particularly in Istanbul and surrounding areas in line with growing market activities.
According to PAGEV, during the first half of 2017, Turkey’s plastics toy exports reached $15.8 million although imports were still high at $228.2 million. France accounted for the largest share in exports, followed by Iraq, Turkmenistan and Cyprus whereas China remained as the top supplier of imported plastic toys.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe