Turkey’s vehicle registrations increase in February
The country’s sales increased 68.2% on the year for minibuses, 60.2% for small trucks, 47.2% for trucks, 34.4% for cars, 29.1% for special purpose vehicles and 14.8% for tractors while vehicle registrations for motorcycles declined by 14% in February. In the first two months of this year, meanwhile, motor vehicle registrations reached 187, 500 units.
However, Turkey’s motor vehicle registrations slumped 50.7% on a monthly basis to reach 67,645 units. In February, 37,864 new passenger vehicles were registered to traffic. Among the new passenger cars, Volkswagen accounted for 18.7%, Renault 14.1%, Hyundai 7.4%, Fiat 6.7%, Toyota 6.1%, Dacia 5.4%, Opel 5.4%, Skoda 3.8%, BMW 3.5% while the share of other brands stood at 23.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers