Turkey’s vehicle registrations increase in February
The country’s sales increased 68.2% on the year for minibuses, 60.2% for small trucks, 47.2% for trucks, 34.4% for cars, 29.1% for special purpose vehicles and 14.8% for tractors while vehicle registrations for motorcycles declined by 14% in February. In the first two months of this year, meanwhile, motor vehicle registrations reached 187, 500 units.
However, Turkey’s motor vehicle registrations slumped 50.7% on a monthly basis to reach 67,645 units. In February, 37,864 new passenger vehicles were registered to traffic. Among the new passenger cars, Volkswagen accounted for 18.7%, Renault 14.1%, Hyundai 7.4%, Fiat 6.7%, Toyota 6.1%, Dacia 5.4%, Opel 5.4%, Skoda 3.8%, BMW 3.5% while the share of other brands stood at 23.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets down as demand weakens further in May
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand