Turkey’s vehicle registrations move higher in January
Sales increased 44.4% on the year for tractors, 38.8% for minibuses, 22.7% for small trucks, 26.3% for trucks, 8.5% for cars and 4.7% for buses while vehicle registrations for motorcycles and special purpose vehicles declined by 23.1% and 29.7%, respectively.
Meanwhile, Turkey’s motor vehicle registrations surged 43.7% on a monthly basis to reach 137,334 units. In January, 88,533 new passenger vehicles were registered to traffic. Among the new passenger cars, Renault accounted for 17.8%, Volkswagen 11.9%, Hyundai 8.4%, Fiat 7.2%, Dacia 6.7%, Opel 6.5%, Ford 6.3%, Toyota 6.3%, Nissan 3.7% and BMW 3.5% while the share of other brands stood at 21.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia