Turkey’s vehicle registrations rise 53.8% in April
The country’s vehicle sales increased 92.1% on the year for minibuses, 101.4% for small trucks, 55.5% for trucks, 70% for cars, 55.8% for special purpose vehicles and 34.3% for tractors while vehicle registrations for motorcycles declined by 6.3% on the year in April.
On a monthly basis, vehicle sales posted a smaller increase of 11.3% in April while vehicle registrations reached 429,873 units in the January- April period.
In April, 68,990 cars were registered to traffic. Among the new passenger cars, Volkswagen accounted for 17%, Renault 12.3%, Toyota 7.2%, Opel 6.6%, Hyundai 6.5%, Fiat 6.3%, Ford 6.2%, BMW 4%, Mercedes-Benz 3.8%, Peugeot 3.7% while the share of other brands stood at 26.4%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops