Turkey’s vehicle registrations rise 53.8% in April
The country’s vehicle sales increased 92.1% on the year for minibuses, 101.4% for small trucks, 55.5% for trucks, 70% for cars, 55.8% for special purpose vehicles and 34.3% for tractors while vehicle registrations for motorcycles declined by 6.3% on the year in April.
On a monthly basis, vehicle sales posted a smaller increase of 11.3% in April while vehicle registrations reached 429,873 units in the January- April period.
In April, 68,990 cars were registered to traffic. Among the new passenger cars, Volkswagen accounted for 17%, Renault 12.3%, Toyota 7.2%, Opel 6.6%, Hyundai 6.5%, Fiat 6.3%, Ford 6.2%, BMW 4%, Mercedes-Benz 3.8%, Peugeot 3.7% while the share of other brands stood at 26.4%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?