Turkey’s vehicle registrations surge in March
The country’s sales increased 119.3% on the year for small trucks, 108.1% for minibuses, 88.1% for special purpose vehicles, 73.4% for trucks, 71.1% for cars, 34% for buses, 24.6% for tractors and 22.3% for motorcycles in March.
On a monthly basis, Turkey’s motor vehicle registrations rose 57.3% to 106,425 units in March. For the first three months, meanwhile, the country’s motor vehicle sales reached 285,583 units.
In March, 60,845 new passenger vehicles were registered to traffic. Among the new passenger cars, Volkswagen accounted for 17.3%, Renault 12.8%, Toyota 7.6%, Fiat 7%, Ford 6.9%, Hyundai 6.7%, Opel 5.5%, Dacia 4.3%, BMW 3.9%, Mercedes- Benz 3.9% while the share of other brands stood at 24%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?