Turkey’s vehicle registrations surge in March
The country’s sales increased 119.3% on the year for small trucks, 108.1% for minibuses, 88.1% for special purpose vehicles, 73.4% for trucks, 71.1% for cars, 34% for buses, 24.6% for tractors and 22.3% for motorcycles in March.
On a monthly basis, Turkey’s motor vehicle registrations rose 57.3% to 106,425 units in March. For the first three months, meanwhile, the country’s motor vehicle sales reached 285,583 units.
In March, 60,845 new passenger vehicles were registered to traffic. Among the new passenger cars, Volkswagen accounted for 17.3%, Renault 12.8%, Toyota 7.6%, Fiat 7%, Ford 6.9%, Hyundai 6.7%, Opel 5.5%, Dacia 4.3%, BMW 3.9%, Mercedes- Benz 3.9% while the share of other brands stood at 24%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low