Turkey’s vehicle registrations up on year in Aug
Compared with July, vehicle registrations dipped 19.7%. Registrations retreated 30.1% for passenger cars, 6% for buses, 9.7% for small trucks, and 21.9% for trucks compared to July.
In August, 43,902 new cars were registered to traffic and among the new passenger cars, Volkswagen accounted for 15.8%, Renault 11.1%, Ford 8.5%, Hyundai 6.8%, Opel 6.4%, BMW 6.2%, Fiat 5.7%, Toyota 5%, Dacia 4.9%, and Nissan 4.2%. Other brands made up the remaining 25.4% of registrations.
In the January-August period of the year, the total number of motor vehicles registered in traffic increased by 593,157 units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high