Turkey’s vehicle registrations up on year in Aug
Compared with July, vehicle registrations dipped 19.7%. Registrations retreated 30.1% for passenger cars, 6% for buses, 9.7% for small trucks, and 21.9% for trucks compared to July.
In August, 43,902 new cars were registered to traffic and among the new passenger cars, Volkswagen accounted for 15.8%, Renault 11.1%, Ford 8.5%, Hyundai 6.8%, Opel 6.4%, BMW 6.2%, Fiat 5.7%, Toyota 5%, Dacia 4.9%, and Nissan 4.2%. Other brands made up the remaining 25.4% of registrations.
In the January-August period of the year, the total number of motor vehicles registered in traffic increased by 593,157 units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets