Turkey’s white good sales down for 10th straight month in April
Domestic sales in January and February were also down by 9% and 12%, respectively, bringing the average sales volume for the first quarter to 1.36 million units, with a 7% decrease year-on-year.
Data showed that white goods exports declined by 6% to around 1.49 million units in April and by 3% to 4.17 million units in the first quarter.
Meanwhile, the production of white goods increased by 1% year-on-year in April and decreased by 3% to 5,72 million units year-on-year during the January-March period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June