Turkey’s white goods sales rise by 16% in 2020
In 2020, export sales were slightly up to 22 million units, while the production of white goods in six main products increased by 3% compared to the previous year and reached 29.2 million units.
Pointing out that the sector has grown despite the pandemic, Can Dincer, General Director of (TÜRKBESD) explained: "The increasing need for hygiene, lockdowns that forced us to stay at home and the rise in housing sales spurred the demand for white goods."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply