Turkey solves RO-RO issue with shipment via Suez Canal
Turkey’s International Transportation Association (UND) stated that Hatay Ro-Ro A.Ş., which is comprised of 55 transport companies located in Hatay, made their first shipment of their goods to Saudi Arabia via the Suez Canal, which enables them to bypass Egypt’s territory. The new route will be more costly than the previous one, but it will significantly lower the transportation time from 7-10 days to 3-4 days.
The UND is still seeking other alternative routes to make transportations to Kuwait, Qatar and Dubai via Iran and the Persian Gulf with RO-RO deals.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China