Turkey solves RO-RO issue with shipment via Suez Canal
Turkey’s International Transportation Association (UND) stated that Hatay Ro-Ro A.Ş., which is comprised of 55 transport companies located in Hatay, made their first shipment of their goods to Saudi Arabia via the Suez Canal, which enables them to bypass Egypt’s territory. The new route will be more costly than the previous one, but it will significantly lower the transportation time from 7-10 days to 3-4 days.
The UND is still seeking other alternative routes to make transportations to Kuwait, Qatar and Dubai via Iran and the Persian Gulf with RO-RO deals.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem