Turkey starts anti-dumping investigation on PTA imports from three countries
Turkey’s only domestic PTA producer, Petkim Petrokimya, made an application to the Ministry of Economy for an investigation to be started on imports from Spain, Belgium and Korea on the grounds that they are dumping to Turkey with their import PTA prices.
Following the application, the Board of Unfair Competition in Imports Evaluation stated that the imports from these countries and their market shares in Turkey during the period under investigation increased. Also, it was confirmed that Petkim operated below its capacity due to the price pressure experienced and the negative profit results. The company has a 105.000 tons/year PTA plant.
The Board confirmed that the PTA imports from the abovementioned countries caused a financial damage on Petkim and decided to start an anti-dumping investigation on PTA imports from the Republic of Korea, Belgium and Spain. Under the investigation, the producers and importers of these products as well as the ambassadors of these countries located in Ankara will be given notice. The parties will reply the question form sent to them within 37 days and hand them in to the ministry.
It was stated that temporary measures can be taken against PTA imports from these countries during the investigation. The final decision will also be applied retrospectively. In addition, possible measures will be valid for the deals the import processes of which have already started.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high