Turkey to open “Plastics Excellence Center”
The project, which will occupy 30,000 square meters, will be completed within four years while the first phase of the project to be established in 3,500 square meters is scheduled to be launched in a year. The excellence center will provide a wide range of services to the sector including research and development and innovation services, training, certification, experiment and laboratory services as well as consultancy.
The head of PAGEV, Yavuz Eroğlu said that value added per kilogram is now at 1 dollar and their aim is to increase it to 4 dollars.
Regarding this issue, the Ministry of Science, Industry & Technology reported in a statement that Turkey’s plastics sector should immediately shift to produce high value added plastics in order to increase its competitiveness in global markets. According to the statement, the country’s plastics production rose in 2015 on the back of strong domestic production; however, plastics product exports witnessed a decrease of 14%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months