Turkey to raise customs duties on Turkmenistan in 2016
PAGEV reported in a statement that the EU - as it does every year- is currently updating its GSP list. As per a regulation published in the Official Journal of the European Union dated 27.09.2014 numbered 1015/2014, the World Bank has categorized Turkmenistan among high and middle income countries depending on the country’s economic data in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Because of the fact that Turkmenistan has been removed from the list, Turkey will increase the customs duties on Turkmen origins to 6.5% from 3% as of the beginning of the year. PAGEV reported that the new practice may result in higher costs for players importing Turkmen PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers