Turkey to raise customs duties on Turkmenistan in 2016
PAGEV reported in a statement that the EU - as it does every year- is currently updating its GSP list. As per a regulation published in the Official Journal of the European Union dated 27.09.2014 numbered 1015/2014, the World Bank has categorized Turkmenistan among high and middle income countries depending on the country’s economic data in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Because of the fact that Turkmenistan has been removed from the list, Turkey will increase the customs duties on Turkmen origins to 6.5% from 3% as of the beginning of the year. PAGEV reported that the new practice may result in higher costs for players importing Turkmen PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets down as demand weakens further in May
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand