Turkish PET producers revise list prices up
Accordingly, the two domestic PET producers’ list prices were revised up to $1250-1280/ton, cash and $1300-1380/ton FD/ex-warehouse Turkey, 90 days, not inc VAT.
“PET prices are not likely to soften so long as ICE Brent crude oil futures stand close to the recent $70/bbl threshold. Some large buyers have started to come back to the market to source some material with the anticipation of further hikes. We started seeing improved demand from the US after the country imposed preliminary antidumping duties for certain Asian origins. We are almost sold out for January,” a source from a domestic producer commented.
Despite bullish factors supporting possible additional hikes, a different local producer remarked that hikes in question might not be welcomed immediately by the buyers’ side. Nonetheless, the producer source said, “We’re clearing our backlogs. Increases stem from supply concerns as well as firmer feedstock costs, which are likely to gain further ground. Therefore, buyers aim for securing their January-February cargoes in late December before the seasonal buoyancy starts.”
The firming trend in global PET markets kicked off earlier in October-November period while its reflection on Turkey’s local market took some time given the lack of demand.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops