Turkish PP converters return from Domotex 2017
Some carpet manufacturers based in Gaziantep stated, “We attended the fair as we do every year while we were generally pleased with the business outcome of the event.” A bcf maker who is currently negotiating with his Saudi Arabian PP supplier commented, “Now that players have returned from Domotex, some raw material purchases may occur based on fresh end product orders. In the meantime, sellers claim that PP fibre supply from Iran and the Middle East is not comfortable.”
An agent of a Saudi Arabian PP producer similarly said, “Fibre demand has been better than for raffia during the last two weeks owing to lack of comfortable supply. This must also be due to the expected improvement in end orders after Domotex Fair in Germany.”
Among one of the leading exhibitions in its field, Domotex is held in January every year in Hannover, Germany displaying the latest trends and technologies related to carpet, parquet and flooring industries. More than 200 Turkish companies were reportedly expected to participate in the organization this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness