Turkish cabinet determines tariff quota for PET imports
According to the new regulation, countries outlined under the tariff quotas will be exempt from safeguard measures on the condition that total PET exports from all the affected countries to Turkey do not exceed 8,509 tons for each year. The tariff quota per country, meanwhile, will not exceed 2,836 tons.
According to the decision, the additional financial obligation for PET imports for countries subject to the additional duty will be 6.75% in the first year, 6.65% the next year and 6.55% in the third year.
The complete list of the countries that are under tariff quotas:
Afghanistan, Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentine, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Algeria, Djibouti, Cook Islands, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, East Timor, Dominican Republic, Dominica, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Morocco, Fiji, Ivory Coast, Philippines, Palestine, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Grenada, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, South Africa, South Georgia, Georgia, Haiti, Honduras, Iraq, Iran, Jamaica, Cambodia, Cameroon, Montenegro, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kirghizstan, Kosovo, Kiribati, Columbia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lebanon, Madagascar, Macedonia, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Egypt, Micronesia, Mongolia, Moldova, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Niger, Nigeria, Nicaragua, North Korea, Central African Republic, Uzbekistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Ruanda, Russia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somali, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Surinam, Swaziland, Chili, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Jordan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP, PE markets take a break from firming trend in June?
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe