Turkish players: HIPS buyers shift to PP raffia
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A PS trader stated, “We received better GPPS demand compared to the previous weeks. However, buying interest for our HIPS materials slowed down as more converters prefer to turn to PP raffia instead citing the large gap between the two products.” Another seller opined, “Buying interest turned from HIPS to PP raffia which makes raffia supply relatively limited compared to injection and fibre.”
Overall, the local GPPS range was steady week over week at $1420-1520/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT, while HIPS prices softened $10/ton on the low end at $1460-1540/ton with the same terms. The prevailing homo PP raffia range is at $1300-1350/ton FD, cash inc VAT, with no changes from last week. A manufacturer purchased some material on the way at $1280/ton this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe