Turkish players: LDPE tightness eases slightly
“Following our inquiries, we realized that LDPE supplies from the domestic producer improved. They are able to ship LDPE f2 grade right away while LDPE g035 and injection deliveries are also managed in shorter periods than in previous weeks,” a manufacturer said.
Another buyer also confirmed easing LDPE supplies in general, commenting, “The LDPE market has drawn a firmer picture than HDPE and LLDPE since last month due to reduced material. As for the market trend in the near term, we generally expect rollovers to pass on PE deals in September depending on the post-holiday demand.”
Overall, the locally-held LDPE film offers were reported between $1650-1700/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. Prices increased by an average of $40/ton since mid-August, according to ChemOrbis Price Index.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September