Turkish players: PP raffia is more limited than fibre
That’s why the gap between import PP raffia and fibre markets has been steadily narrowing since the middle of May. The delta was down to around $35/ton recently when compared to nearly $75/ton at the start of May, according to the graph below from the average of Turkey ChemOrbis Index.
A trader stated, “Homo PP raffia from Iran has been tight for some time while fibre is sufficient. Therefore, these products are trading closer to each other in the recent couple of weeks.” A buyer similarly commented, “The domestic producer Petkim is said to be having relatively limited availability for MH 418, which also supported the firmer sentiment for PP this month.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures