Turkish players gauge revised surveillance measures on LDPE imports
Players are now evaluating the possible impacts of this recent change on the PE market. Many players agree that more Iranian offers are set to emerge in Turkey over the coming weeks, consequently.
A manufacturer already received an Iranian LDPE film offer this week after a long time, attributing this to the most recent revision on surveillance measures. “We were not interested in Iranian LDPE cargos before but we may consider consuming it in our production in the coming term now that this origin has gained an advantageous position,” he commented. A large scaled buyer also leant towards the idea and said, “If its price were competitive, then we would purchase Iranian LDPE since supply from some Mid-Eastern sources turn out to be limited from time to time.”
A packager, however, noted, “We don’t have any plans to change our regular sources for the time being given the quality standards. Yet, we believe more Iranian LDPE will arrive in Turkey from now on and this may generally provide a relief in supply levels.” Another buyer does not think the new decision will affect the market much, pointing to the fact that Iran does not have a large LDPE capacity compared to HDPE.
A source from a Middle Eastern PE supplier commented, “We don’t expect the news to have a major impact on our LDPE sales considering the fact that we usually allocate a limited quota to Turkey and distribute it to our regular customers. However, the domestic PE producer might be affected by the latest regulation more than all other sellers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets