Turkish players shifting to offers with arrival options
A packaging producer also commented, “Even if we think that we can obtain prices below the prevailing market level, these prices may seem high a few days given the sharp decreases being seen in the market. It is hard to manage our purchases under these circumstances. We cannot delay our needs either as our production is still ongoing.”
This week, an improvement in buying interest is reported in polyolefin markets but buyers are shying away from purchasing as they cannot find the right price. Therefore, they are willing to accept to accept prices with an arrival option. “The best way to manage this downturn and sell material is to offer with an arrival option and determine the final price when the cargo arrives,” said a trader. Producers are ready to accept these terms as well after struggling to sell for the past few months, according to players.
A buyer said, “It is hard to see the real market level as there are lots of offers with arrival options available. There are lots of speculative offers around.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness