Turkish players shifting to offers with arrival options
A packaging producer also commented, “Even if we think that we can obtain prices below the prevailing market level, these prices may seem high a few days given the sharp decreases being seen in the market. It is hard to manage our purchases under these circumstances. We cannot delay our needs either as our production is still ongoing.”
This week, an improvement in buying interest is reported in polyolefin markets but buyers are shying away from purchasing as they cannot find the right price. Therefore, they are willing to accept to accept prices with an arrival option. “The best way to manage this downturn and sell material is to offer with an arrival option and determine the final price when the cargo arrives,” said a trader. Producers are ready to accept these terms as well after struggling to sell for the past few months, according to players.
A buyer said, “It is hard to see the real market level as there are lots of offers with arrival options available. There are lots of speculative offers around.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm