Turkish sellers dispute the low end of the European PVC range
The overall European k67 range in Turkey was reported lower at $780-820/ton CFR, cash in the Weekly Analysis with a note that the low end was not widely available. A few buyers claimed to have received offers as low as $780-790/ton from regional suppliers in the first half of the week, although sellers widely disputed the $780/ton level, arguing that this level has not been materialized yet.
“Considering the weak market dynamics and developments in Europe, we cannot say that the $780/ton level is technically impossible; however, it has not been physically offered this week,” argued a trader.
According to many European players, supplies are comfortable and demand is unpromising in the region. On the contrary, supplies out of Asia and the US are expected to diminish owing to the recent plant shutdowns in these regions. Satisfactory demand is not reported in many regions except from India, where firmer prices have passed this month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops