Turkish sellers dispute the low end of the European PVC range
The overall European k67 range in Turkey was reported lower at $780-820/ton CFR, cash in the Weekly Analysis with a note that the low end was not widely available. A few buyers claimed to have received offers as low as $780-790/ton from regional suppliers in the first half of the week, although sellers widely disputed the $780/ton level, arguing that this level has not been materialized yet.
“Considering the weak market dynamics and developments in Europe, we cannot say that the $780/ton level is technically impossible; however, it has not been physically offered this week,” argued a trader.
According to many European players, supplies are comfortable and demand is unpromising in the region. On the contrary, supplies out of Asia and the US are expected to diminish owing to the recent plant shutdowns in these regions. Satisfactory demand is not reported in many regions except from India, where firmer prices have passed this month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia