Two Asian producers to shut ACN plants
South Korea’s Tongsuh Petrochemical is reported be planning to shut its No.3 ACN plant at Ulsan in early May for maintenance. The 245,000 tons/year ACN plant is expected to be offline for about one month.
Meanwhile, Japan’s Asahi Kasei will also shut its ACN plant at Mizushima at the beginning of May for a scheduled maintenance. The company’s 200,000 tons/year ACN plant will be offline for about 55 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs