Two Asian producers to shut ACN plants
South Korea’s Tongsuh Petrochemical is reported be planning to shut its No.3 ACN plant at Ulsan in early May for maintenance. The 245,000 tons/year ACN plant is expected to be offline for about one month.
Meanwhile, Japan’s Asahi Kasei will also shut its ACN plant at Mizushima at the beginning of May for a scheduled maintenance. The company’s 200,000 tons/year ACN plant will be offline for about 55 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September