Two Chinese ACN producers shut their lines
In China, Anqing Petrochemical and Shanghai SECCO shut their ACN lines for planned maintenance. Anqing Petrochemical’s ACN unit has a production capacity of 80,000 tons/year and is expected to be offline for about 20 days while Shanghai SECCO’s ACN line in Shanghai is able to produce 260,000 tons/year and is expected to be offline for a month for a scheduled turnaround.
In addition, Taiwan’s Formosa Plastics Corp is reportedly planning to shut their 280,000 tons/year ACN plant in Mailiao for maintenance and the unit is expected to be offline for about three weeks. South Korea’s Taekwang Petrochemical is also expected to shut their 290,000 tons/year ACN plant for maintenance between 25 February and 16 March, 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe