Two Chinese producers shut PE plants in China
The HDPE plant has a production capacity of 250,000 tons/year while the company also has a 200,000 tons/year LDPE plant at the same site.
Meanwhile, China’s Zhongyuan Petrochemical, a joint venture between Sinopec Group and the Henan provincial government, unexpectedly shut its 260,000 tons/year LLDPE unit on April 17. The reason behind the outage and the expected restart date of the unit are unknown.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia