Two PS producers cut prices to SEA on styrene plunge
The source commented, “We were only able to conclude a few deals after agreeing to discounts this week. We may consider holding onto our inventory and waiting for a rebound before returning to the market.”
In Asia, spot styrene prices plunged by around $140/ton week over week to be currently quoted at $1255-1260/ton on an FOB South Korea basis.
Meanwhile, an agent of a Taiwanese producer reported that their supplier cut their PS prices by $30/ton on the week, bringing their new offers to $1490/ton for GPPS and to $1560/ton for HIPS, both on a CIF SEA, cash basis. He stated, “Demand remains week while our supplier’s offers are open to negotiations.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins