Two PS producers cut prices to SEA on styrene plunge
The source commented, “We were only able to conclude a few deals after agreeing to discounts this week. We may consider holding onto our inventory and waiting for a rebound before returning to the market.”
In Asia, spot styrene prices plunged by around $140/ton week over week to be currently quoted at $1255-1260/ton on an FOB South Korea basis.
Meanwhile, an agent of a Taiwanese producer reported that their supplier cut their PS prices by $30/ton on the week, bringing their new offers to $1490/ton for GPPS and to $1560/ton for HIPS, both on a CIF SEA, cash basis. He stated, “Demand remains week while our supplier’s offers are open to negotiations.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China HDPE market’s premium over LLDPE hits highest in a year
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions