Two more Mid-Eastern producers adjust Jan prices to Egypt
The Mid-Eastern producer issued $160/ton additional cuts for January LDPE film, $115/ton for LLDPE film and $110/ton cuts for HDPE grades. For PP, the producer’s prices indicate $220/ton decreases from their initial January levels.
The newly revised levels now stand at $1160/ton for LLDPE film, and at $1190/ton for HDPE film, blow moulding injection and LLDPE film on CIF Alexandria, 90 days basis. Meanwhile the producer offers PP raffia and injection at $1050/ton with the same terms.
“Despite the noticeable downward adjustments, players still abandon their import purchases as they see that prices keep recording relentless decreases. SIDPEC is to resume their deliveries again tomorrow and overall local availability remains comfortable. Meanwhile, locally held cargoes are also losing ground. Therefore, players anticipate decreases from the local producer SIDPEC for February, too,” commented the distributor.
On another note, a different Middle Eastern producer reported that they adjusted down their LDPE and LLDPE film offers by $80-90/ton when compared with their initial January levels. Now, the producer offers LDPE film at $1250-1260/ton, with the high end given for heavy duty LDPE film, and LLDPE c4 film at $1220/ton on CIF Alexandria, 90 days basis.
“All import offers are tracking a downward trend in Egypt and in order to maintain a competitive edge we, too, had to revise down our offer levels. Plus, overall demand is still weak and further decreases are anticipated into February,” a company source noted.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?