Two producers halt, one resumes PP production in China
Guangxi Petrochemical, a branch of China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), shut its PP unit in Qinzhou City on April 12 for a maintenance, which is expected to last around one week. The unit has a production capacity of 200,000 tons/year.
Sinopec Wuhan Branch, meanwhile, shut its 100,000 tons/year PP unit in Wuhan City for a planned maintenance, which is expected to last about 50 days.
On the other hand, Dalian West Pacific restarted its 100,000 tons/year PP unit on April 10. The unit was shut on April 1 for a planned maintenance.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows