Two producers halt, one resumes PP production in China
Guangxi Petrochemical, a branch of China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), shut its PP unit in Qinzhou City on April 12 for a maintenance, which is expected to last around one week. The unit has a production capacity of 200,000 tons/year.
Sinopec Wuhan Branch, meanwhile, shut its 100,000 tons/year PP unit in Wuhan City for a planned maintenance, which is expected to last about 50 days.
On the other hand, Dalian West Pacific restarted its 100,000 tons/year PP unit on April 10. The unit was shut on April 1 for a planned maintenance.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month