Two producers halt, one resumes PP production in China
Guangxi Petrochemical, a branch of China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), shut its PP unit in Qinzhou City on April 12 for a maintenance, which is expected to last around one week. The unit has a production capacity of 200,000 tons/year.
Sinopec Wuhan Branch, meanwhile, shut its 100,000 tons/year PP unit in Wuhan City for a planned maintenance, which is expected to last about 50 days.
On the other hand, Dalian West Pacific restarted its 100,000 tons/year PP unit on April 10. The unit was shut on April 1 for a planned maintenance.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019