Two producers halt, one resumes PP production in China
Guangxi Petrochemical, a branch of China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), shut its PP unit in Qinzhou City on April 12 for a maintenance, which is expected to last around one week. The unit has a production capacity of 200,000 tons/year.
Sinopec Wuhan Branch, meanwhile, shut its 100,000 tons/year PP unit in Wuhan City for a planned maintenance, which is expected to last about 50 days.
On the other hand, Dalian West Pacific restarted its 100,000 tons/year PP unit on April 10. The unit was shut on April 1 for a planned maintenance.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?