UAE eases shipping ban on Qatar
The latest circular canceled the previous one issued on June 12, 2017. The previous directives banned loading or discharging cargoes of Qatari origin in any ports or waters of the UAE. The vessels were also prohibited from loading cargoes of UAE origin bound for Qatar.
At the same time, the new circular maintained a ban on vessels flying the Qatari flag or owned by Qatari shipping companies or nationals and vessels with UAE flags are still not allowed to call any Qatari ports.
The UAE severed relations with Qatar in June 2017 over the latter country’s alleged support for terrorism.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record