UAE’s Borouge’s complex to reach full capacity by late 2015
The company’s ethane cracker has an ethylene capacity of 1.56 million tons/year as well as an HDPE/LLDPE unit with a production capacity of 1.08 million tons/year and an LDPE unit with a production capacity of 350,000 tons/year. The company also owns two PP units in Abu Dhabi that have a total production capacity of 960,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, Borouge’s existing complexes in Abu Dhabi, Borouge 1 and Borouge 2, are able to produce 2.1 million tons/year of ethylene, 1.14 million tons/year of PE as well as 800,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May