UAE’s Borouge’s complex to reach full capacity by late 2015
The company’s ethane cracker has an ethylene capacity of 1.56 million tons/year as well as an HDPE/LLDPE unit with a production capacity of 1.08 million tons/year and an LDPE unit with a production capacity of 350,000 tons/year. The company also owns two PP units in Abu Dhabi that have a total production capacity of 960,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, Borouge’s existing complexes in Abu Dhabi, Borouge 1 and Borouge 2, are able to produce 2.1 million tons/year of ethylene, 1.14 million tons/year of PE as well as 800,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers