UAE’s Borouge’s complex to reach full capacity by late 2015
The company’s ethane cracker has an ethylene capacity of 1.56 million tons/year as well as an HDPE/LLDPE unit with a production capacity of 1.08 million tons/year and an LDPE unit with a production capacity of 350,000 tons/year. The company also owns two PP units in Abu Dhabi that have a total production capacity of 960,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, Borouge’s existing complexes in Abu Dhabi, Borouge 1 and Borouge 2, are able to produce 2.1 million tons/year of ethylene, 1.14 million tons/year of PE as well as 800,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe