UAE’s Borouge’s complex to reach full capacity by late 2015
The company’s ethane cracker has an ethylene capacity of 1.56 million tons/year as well as an HDPE/LLDPE unit with a production capacity of 1.08 million tons/year and an LDPE unit with a production capacity of 350,000 tons/year. The company also owns two PP units in Abu Dhabi that have a total production capacity of 960,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, Borouge’s existing complexes in Abu Dhabi, Borouge 1 and Borouge 2, are able to produce 2.1 million tons/year of ethylene, 1.14 million tons/year of PE as well as 800,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS